I love writing poems. I haven't written much lately for a long time. I started writing poems when I was 14, and I have many poems in notebooks laying around somewhere. I wrote one last night and a month ago. I'd like to share them with you. They are sad, sorry about that, I'm better at writing sad poems. The titles are "a work in progress" so I will probably change them later once I find better ones. Here we go:
"Enjoy the Darkness"
Her unsteady hand closed the door
Shutting the world out forever more
Tears streamed down her pale white face
Never had she found her place
All she felt was searing pain
Made her want to go insane
She lost her will to just move on
And now arrived the dreaded dawn
As she watched the sun go down
She slipped into her parting gown
She lay down on her silky sheet
And waited for her last heartbeat
By -Lucia McKeag-
Here is how I started this poem. I wanted to write something, but I didn't know how to begin.
I opened a book, and the first sentence I saw was "Enjoy the Darkness." I began to write. It took me a while to get it just perfect, and to where I wouldn't fuss over it. I didn't mean for it to turn into a suicide poem or death poem, it just turned out that way. I just let the words flow into my hand. Honestly!
"Forever Mine"
The man that kept her love alive
No longer could his heart survive
Few words were said between the two
Except the words "I Love You."
Their lips touched softly one last time
He said to her "Forever Mine."
He closed his eyes so painfully
And held his wife so lovingly
She wept onto his small warm chest
And watched him take his last big breath
Side by side for 60 years
Now all alone to face her fears
The man that kept her love alive
No longer did his heart survive
She closed her sad and old wet eyes
To drift away into the skies
By -Lucia McKeag-
I don't know how I started to write this one. I wanted to write something about love, or marriage, and this is what flowed out. I guess it is dedicated to all the old couples that have gotten through this life for 40-60 years and still are in love after that long. Especially because of the way the world is today.
This too took me a long time to write. About two hours. I'm so picky, and I usually criticize everything I write and question if I could've done better. But this time I feel differently. Honestly....not to be conceded or anything, but compared to all the poems I've written in five years, I think these two poems are some of my best ones.
Hope you enjoyed them. I apologize if they depress you!!!
If you have any ideas for the titles (because I don't like them) I'm open to suggestions!
Poems written by:
Lucia Adaline McKeag
I think the titles you have are good. They match the poems.
ReplyDelete