I was putting away some papers when I found old notebooks full of poems and short stories. It was really cool to read through them and look back on those times that I wrote these poems/stories. I thought I'd share some of them.
This first one I wrote when I was living in Peru. I was homesick when I wrote this.
Missing
There is something missing in my life everyday
Something is missing in more than one way
There's an empty space only I can see
Something is missing and it won't let me be
There is something unreal about this strange new place
Something odd that my mind seems to chase
There is a pain inside of me I can't seem to control
Some thoughts I have to constantly patrol
There is no sign of where to keep my pride
Something there that won't let me confide
There is no where to hide my confusion
Something keeps showing my diffusion
There is no where to secretly sob
But when I hold it in, my heart seems to throb
There is no one that can bring you here
You are what's missing, you are my greatest fear
-Lucia McKeag-
This next one I wrote when I was in Peru as well. It was mostly directed at the friends and boyfriend that had treated me wrongly.
With Time
With time things can fade and slowly leave
With time people will no longer grieve
With time people mature and become wise
With time I will find where the truth lies
With time things change
With time people age
With time I'll forget
With time you'll regret
In time I will be free
In time, you'll know nothing of me
In time things will be okay
In time I'll be able to go my own way
In time you'll wish you had treated me good
In time you'll wonder where we stood
With time...I'll be gone...
-Lucia McKeag-
This poem is for Ryan. After he changed my outlook on life, love and happiness.
You Took/Gave
You took my heart
You gave me yours
You took my pain
You gave me friendship
You took my tears
You gave me comfort
You took my fear
You gave me dignity
You took my doubts
You gave me clarity
You took my timidness
You gave me tenderness
You took my flaws
You gave me advice
You took my strife
You gave me life
You took my stubbornness
You gave me patience
You took my insecurity
You gave me relief
You took my confusion
You gave me knowledge
You took my trials
You gave me understanding
You took my pride
You gave me humility
You took my troubled heart
You gave me peace
You saw past my imperfections
And you gave me everlasting love
-Lucia McKeag-
This next one is one of the longest poems I have ever written. I wrote this one my senior year of high school. I was trying to discover who I was and wanted to become. I was dwelling on my past mistakes and then I wrote this to put my thoughts together. I never named it.
I was walking down a road so clear
Until I saw another near
It looked enticing, easy and fun
And towards this pathway I did run
At first it seemed to be so easy
But as I strayed I felt real queasy
I hit a rock and almost fell
But for help, I did not yell
I tried again, determined to get past
But my strong composure did not last
I fell and hit onto the ground
And as I did I looked around
And then I saw what I didn't before
Rocks, grime and glass covered the floor
But I was already there, so why go back?
I convinced myself I was on the right track
I went even further until I got lost
It was a simple mistake, so why such a cost?
I started to panic and feel so afraid
What do I do about this mistake that I made?
I felt so confused. I felt so...alone
Inside my thoughts, a lump of doubt had grown
As the sun slid behind the mountain, I tried not to cry
I stumbled along and watched the darkness hit the sky
I tried to go back to the path that I knew
The pathway that I knew to be true
At my moment of greatest fright
The moon arose and shone so bright
It lit the way and allowed me to see
That straight smooth path, where I should be
Even though I knew it was the pathway to chose
I felt like some adventures I'd lose
Away from the moonlight I strayed even more
I told myself I'd just take a quick tour
I thought I had control, cause I now knew the way
But my curiosity did not pay
I got so lost and even more confused
Every step I took, I felt more diffused
I wanted to go back, but something pushed me ahead
In one point of the road, I got a feeling of dread
I regretted my decision to continue to stray
I regretted my choices and still do to this day
I have scars from falling on the path that I strayed
Scars way down deep that will never fade
I'm now on the path that I've always known
The path where my life has been true and has grown
-Lucia McKeag-
No comments:
Post a Comment