My Tinker and Evie

My Tinker and Evie

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Reminiscing

I am doing a big homework assignment for my English 2010 class. It is a memoir. We are writing about ourselves. We can include assignments we did as kids, art we did, stories, poems, essays, journal entries and more.

I went to my parents house last week to look through all the homework assignments I had done as a child. (Yes they had them saved along with all my siblings assignments as well.)
My dad was helping me look through it. It was so fun to reminisce about old times.

My favorite favorite thing that I found was a letter from "Santa" that my dad wrote to me. It makes me smile and laugh each time. It is so sweet I had to share it!

My Dear Sweet Lucia,

I wanted to let you know that I knew that you wanted that computer that you plug into the T.V., and I had one made specially for you, but at the shop where we make the toys we had an accident. The elf that was in charge of your computer made a mistake and broke your computer and hurt his hand really bad. He felt really badly about your computer and started to cry because he wanted you to have your computer on Christmas day, because he knew that you would be said if you didn’t get it. So Lucia, I also feel very badly about this. So what I did is the computer I gave to Mimi I will give to both you and Mimi until I can get another computer made for you and I will have to send it to you in the mail, because my reindeer will be too tired to fly down from the North Pole again so soon. I promise you Lucia that I will have my elves work extra hours to get that computer made and it should be sent to you by mail within seven days.

Now Lucia, I want you to know that I know you are a kind girl and I love you for that and so do Heavenly Father and Jesus. But I want to ask you to be extra kind to your sisters, friends, parents and grandparents. You are a special girl and you have 4 special sisters.

I also want to ask you to remember to be obedient to your papi and mami and I hope that your sisters will do the same.

Now you be good and I promise you I will send you that computer. Now once that computer arrives at your place the one that you will be sharing with Mimi will belong only to Mimi. If you have any questions ask your parents and they can help you.

Love Santa


He did a dang good job at being Santa right? Cute letter! Love you dad!



1 comment:

  1. Haha that is so cute. What a smart dad you've got there. And I cant believe they have all your stuff from when you were kids.

    ReplyDelete