My Tinker and Evie
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
What to do?
I always thought I knew what I wanted to do with my life from a young age. I realize now that I've changed my mind so many times, and now I am unsure once again!
When I was 10 years old I wanted to be a lawyer/judge and something to do with writing. I always assumed I would do something with creative writing but I wasn't sure. I hadn't learned much about academic writing at that point. That didn't change until I turned 19 when I decided that I did not want to be a lawyer. But I did know that I still wanted to do something with writing.
Last year I decided I was going to get my associates in English and Communication since I love English and if I wanted to become a journalist I need Communication.
Then at the beginning of this year I decided I wanted to get my masters in English and then go to law school and become a judge. I like academic writing but I still enjoy creative writing as well.
A month ago I decided I was going to get a PhD in English and was unsure about becoming a judge.
Now I'm questioning if I want to do communications or not! I don't know! I've been looking at the classes I would have to take and I'm just not 100% sure if I want to do Communications or not! Grrr. I just want to be done with school already!
One thing is for sure, that I will go on with English. That has always been the one choice that has stayed steady throughout my constant changing mind. I just wish I could decide already!
I found a note the other day my sisters and I had written to each other back and forth during church many years ago. One of my sisters said on it:
"Because you are the girl named Lucia who is known to change her mind at the speed of light!!!!!!!"
Haha she is so right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha! Don't worry, Lucia. It's human nature to change your mind. It's a constant in life. :)
ReplyDelete