The Cliffs of Moher

So we finally did our Ireland Slide Show on Saturday. It was fun to show it! I wanted to put it on here, since there are so many pictures but I couldn't so I'll just focus on one part of our trip right now. The Cliffs of Moher. We went to the cliffs at the end of our trip. It was
a beautiful day. It didn't rain very much this particular day. It did a little bit off and on, but then again that is very normal in Ireland. We had to ride a car ferry from Tarbert in County Kerry across to County Shannon. It was about a half hour ride on the ferry and then about an hour to the cliffs from there. We had both been a little frustrated and tired from the long drive and the confusing narrow windy roads all the way down. But once we walked onto the breath taking Cliffs of Moher we both felt so calm and peaceful immediately. It was hard not to feel that way looking out at the beautiful, calm and remarkable Cliffs. Walking along the edge was unnerving, scary, intense but thrilling all in one. I took countless pictures as Ryan recorded the scene. We walked up the Cliffs hand in hand, marveling at their bea
uty, grateful that we could see this magnificent site together. It was very windy that day, and as we were hiking along the Cliffs it started raining a little harder. It was still very calming and tranquil to be there at my husbands side, feeling outstanding because this was a great blessing to be here with my husband. It was so much fun being there and seeing the Cliffs of Moher in person! Ryan kept saying "Impending Doom" around the edges the entire time we were there! He was so excited to be there, sometimes I had a hard time keeping up with him! We didn't get to stay as long as we liked, we had to be back by 9:00 to the ferry or else we would've had to sleep in the car that night. We didn't know the drive from the Ferry and to the Cliffs wa
s such a long drive. We got to the Cliffs around 7:00 and left around 8:20. Ryan drove about 110.....Kilometers per hour, (which
is about 80 mph I think though I'm not totally sure) but it felt faster when we were going around those corners haha. He actually drove really safely besides the speeding, we just didn't have any blankets and we weren't dressed warmly enough to have to sleep in the car somewhere! Luckily we made it back JUST in time 
before the ferry got ready to
take off!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment