My Tinker and Evie

My Tinker and Evie

Thursday, November 6, 2008

More like home

Beautiful drive to Carrick-On-Suir

Here's another Ireland highlight. We had gone and seen a few sites that day and we were driving onto Carrick-On-Suir and heading into Piltown where Ryan's ancestors were buried. It had been a long day and it had been raining off and on all day.

Now in Ireland's country area it is very normal to have big green bushes and trees on either side of you as you are driving down the road. So it was nothing new, although the beauty of it never failed to awe us both.

The cities kept the bushes and trees healthy and trimmed so they wouldn't grow out onto the road, its wonderful how much they take care of their country. I wish Utah looked like that. The most litter you would find was a gum wrapper on the ground. One time we saw an empty plastic bottle on the ground, way out in the bushes, while on a walk. Ryan picked it up and threw it away when we got back. He said it was such a shame to have that beautiful area littered, although it was only one small plastic bottle, it seemed like too much. Of course you have people that litter, but we didn't see it very often, and it was always clean by the next morning.

Anyways so we were driving into Carrick-On-Suir and it was so beautiful we took lots of pictures of it. Some of it we recorded, so I don't have all the best ones in pictures. We got to one area where the trees met on both sides and it created a beautiful green tunnel that we were driving through. Ryan looked at me and said "Lucia I've been here before, I've seen this!" I looked at him thinking, what are you talking about? This is both our first times being here, how could you have seen this? Before I say anything he says "I know I've seen this before Lucia, its like dayjavue! Most of this trip has felt that way." And that is the moment we both knew that we had to move to Ireland. The only other time I felt the spirit so strongly, telling me this was the right thing, was on my wedding day. We both felt it. It is where we belong, it felt more like home than any home I've ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment